Bradford Glavan, MD
Areas of Focus:
Lung Cancer Screening
Interstitial Lung Disease
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
I believe that the art of medicine, and the part of my job that I like best, involves helping a person truly understand their condition and then tailoring a treatment plan that works for him or her.
Dr. Glavan graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He went on to complete his M.S. in Epidemiology at the University of Washington, School of Public Health & Community Medicine in Seattle, WA. He completed his internship and residency at the Department of Internal Medicine, Categorical Program at the University of Washington. Dr. Glavan focuses on Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Interstitial Lung Disease, Exercise Physiology and other pulmonary needs at The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. Dr. Glavan brings the clinic several honors and awards, including the Presidential Scholar Award from Villanova University, the NIH summer research grant award, the Resident Excellence in Teaching Award and the Institutional for Translational Health Sciences Tuition Fellowship Award.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Critical Care Medicine
Education & Training:
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2010
- Chief Medical Resident, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2007
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2006
- MS, Epidemiology, University of Washington School of Public Health & Community Medicine, Seattle, WA, 2011
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- BS, Biology, Honors Program, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 1999
- Site Principal Investigator, Providence Portland Medical Center, PETAL Research Consortium, 2014 - Present
- Medical Director, Lung Cancer Screening Program, The Oregon Clinic, 2013 - Present
- Director, Intensive Care Unit and Pulmonary Elective Medicine Resident Rotations for Providence Portland Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program, 2014 - Present
- Executive Member, Oregon Thoracic Society Committee, 2013 - 2017
- Oregon Chapter Representative, American Thoracic Society Counsel of Chapter Representatives, 2013 - 2017
- Director, Rapid Response Team, Providence Portland Medical Center, 2014 - 2017
- Director, Code Blue Committee, Providence Portland Medical Center, 2014 - 2017
- Member, American Thoracic Society Ethic and Conflict of Interest Committee, 2009 - 2013
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016, 2018
- Subspecialist of the Year Award: Providence Portland Medical Center, 2012 - 2013
- Institution for Translational Health Sciences Tuition Fellowship Award, 2009-2011
- Resident Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004-2005
- NIH Summer Research Grant Award, 2000
- Presidential Scholar, Villanova University, 1995-1999
- Magna Cum Laude, Villanova University, 1999
- Di Benedetto AJ. Klick Stoddard J. Glavan BJ. Cloning and molecular characterization of a novel gene encoding a WD-repeat protein expressed in restricted areas of adult rat brain. Gene. 271(1):21-31, 2001 Jun 13.
- Glavan B. Shewakramani S. Hollander JE. Incomplete data reporting in studies of emergency department patients with potential acute coronary syndromes using troponins. Acad Emerg Med. 10(9):943-8, 2003 Sept.
- Wall RJ, Engelberg RA, Gries CJ, Glavan B, Curtis JR. Spiritual Care of Families in the Intensive Care Unit. Crit Care Med. 2007 April;35(4):1084-90.
- Glavan BJ, Engelberg RA, Downey L, Curtis JR. Using the Medical Record to Evaluate the Quality of End-of-Life Care in the Intensive Care Unit. Crit Care Med. 2008 Apr;36(4):1138-46.
- Glavan BJ, HoldenTD, Goss CH, Black RA, Neff MJ, Nathens AB, Martin TR, Wurfel MM, ARDSnet Investigators. Genetic variation in the Fas gene and associations with acute lung injury. (In Press- AJRCCM)
- O'Mahony DS, Glavan BJ, Holden TD, Fong C, Black RA, Rona G, Tejera P, Christiani DC, Wurfel MM. Inflammation and immune-related candidate gene associations with acute lung injury susceptibility and severity: a validation study. PLos One. 2012 Dec;7(12):e51104.
- Glavan BJ, Ehlenbach WJ. Long-term outcomes in elderly survivors of cardiac arrest. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jun 20;386(25):2437-8. (letter to the editor)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Associate Member, American College of Physicians, 2004-present
- Member, American Thoracic Society, 2008-present
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians, 2010-present
- Member, American Medical Association, 2000-present
- Member, American Thoracic Society Ethics and Conflict of Interest Committee