Karen Parker, CNM
I have been involved with midwifery and women’s health all of my adult life. I fell deeply in love with the birth process the first birth I observed and have loved it ever since. Over the years there have been new and different aspects of my work that have kept me interested and engaged. This is why it has remained my passion over the course of my career. I believe in a woman’s ability to do the work of her birth. My role is to support her in this process, educate and provide her the feeling of safety she needs to relax and focus on what she needs to do.
I love to cook, take long walks with my Golden Retriever “Cooper”, and have lots of fun with my many grandchildren.
- MN, Midwifery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1994
- Lactation Training Course, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1994
- BSN, Southern Oregon State College, Ashland, OR
- AS, Nursing, Southern Oregon State College, Ashland, OR
- Member, American College of Nurse-Midwives