Lena Wood, CNM
As a midwife, I am privileged to hold space for my patients during profoundly transformational moments in their lives. No matter what the context is or what your history is, I am honored to partner with you as you navigate decisions about your reproductive health.
Lena’s journey to midwifery started with her experience as a full spectrum doula and pregnancy options counselor. She has provided support for pregnant people in the contexts of birth, abortion, miscarriage, and adoption.
She has worked as a nurse in a family planning clinic as well as in a primary care clinic serving migrant farmworkers. Lena is dedicated to advocating for healthcare access for the underserved and in particular, in expanding LGBTQ midwifery care.
She received both her undergraduate and graduate degrees in nursing from Oregon Health & Science University.
Lena speaks Spanish and has studied medical Spanish in Mexico.
Outside of work, Lena is involved in the Oregon Affiliate of the American College of Nurse-Midwives, serving as chair of their Diversity and Inclusion Committee. She enjoys spending time with her husband and son, traveling, knitting, cooking, and cycling.
- MN, Nurse-Midwifery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2016
- BSN, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2014
- MEd, Montessori Elementary Education, Loyola College in Maryland, Baltimore MD, 2012
- BA, Geography, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA, 2005
- Transcultural Nursing Award, OHSU, 2016
- Member, American College of Nurse Midwives
- Member, Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, OR ACNM Afilliate
I had an amazing experience with Lena. Basically the dream office visit you always hoped for, but never get. She made me feel very comfortable, showed genuine concern and care. She treated me with such respect, and like an intelligent person! So happy I was referred to her. If I was to have a baby, I'd 100% go with Lena. Nice, progressive and open minded. Ladies, go meet Lena!
Lena is everything I've wanted in a doctor/midwife. She expresses genuine concern and that's hard in the medical world to find a practitioner that actually cares about you.