Jason Gilster, MD, FACS, Medical Director: Pacific NW Vein
My goal is to provide the very best surgical care available. Patients expect and deserve this level of care with every visit. By mixing compassionate care with cutting-edge surgical technology, I hope to achieve this goal.
Dr. Gilster graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, and later completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, OR. Dr. Gilster brings several honors and awards to The Oregon Clinic - Westside Surgical Specialists, including the Outstanding Surgical Resident Award from the Department of Surgery at OHSU. He was also inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Gilster is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of several associations and organizations, including the American Medical Association, Oregon Medical Association and the Portland Surgical Society.
Dr. Jason Gilster provides advanced hernia care solutions with emphasis on quick recovery and aggressive pain control. To learn more about this service and find a location for your procedure, please click here.
Dr. Jason Gilster provides the latest, high quality treatment and management in venous disease. To learn more about this service and find a location, please click here.
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2002
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1996
- BA, Chemistry, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, 1991
- Director, Providence St. Vincent Hernia Program, 2008 - Present
- Outstanding Surgical Resident, Renal Transplant, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, 2000 - 2001
- Representative, Tulane University School of Medicine, American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress Medical Student Program, 1995
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Junior Year Member, Stars and Bars Chapter, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1995
- Association of Pathology Chairs Honor Society, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1992
- Distinction in Chemistry, St. Olaf College, 1991
- Dean's Honor List, St. Olaf College, 1987 - 1991
- PEW Foundation Undergraduate Summer Scholar, St. Olaf College, 1990
- Chairman, Providence St. Vincent Hernia Conference, 2008 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Portland Surgical Society
- Member, Mackenzie Society
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member, American Hernia Society
- Member, Washington County Medical Society